Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company is a leading insurance carrier specializing in innovative and flexible employee benefits solutions including disability income and group term life insurance, a suite of voluntary (employee paid) coverage options and fully integrated absence management. Reliance Standard markets these solutions through independent brokers and agents to employers of all sizes. Rated A (Excellent) by A.M. Best, Reliance Standard began its centennial year in 2006.
New Business Submittal Deadlines
Prior to the effective date.
Reliance Standard understands that you’ve got more things to do than just manage employee benefits. So they’ve created group coverages for life, a full range of disability, and dental and eye care benefits that are easy to select and easy to use. All backed by the superior support, service and customer care they’re known for. You’ll wonder how you ever did it without Reliance Standard.
Small Group Products
RSL SmartChoice® is available to groups with two to 19 lives, except where otherwise specified. Small Group Package incorporate Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life/AD&D and Dental/Eye Care benefits. Employers may also select stand-alone lines of coverage from among most of these plans.
RSL SmartChoice Dental/Vision Plan Highlights:
- Groups of two through 19 lives (three to 19 unless sold with two other lines of RSL coverage)
- Three comprehensive dental plans
- Managed Care/PPO dental options
- Child/Adult Orthodontia option
- Vision option
- Takeover coverage available (Type 3/Major services)
RSL SmartChoice LTD Plan Highlights:
- $7,500 monthly maximum benefit
- Guarantee issue
- Benefit percentage of 60%
- 60, 90 and 180 day elimination periods
- 36 month own occupation definition of disability
- Pre-existing condition benefit payable up to 12 months (30% to $3,750)
- Rehabilitation benefit
- Survivor benefit (lump sum)
RSL SmartChoice Life/AD&D
Small Group Term Life Insurance plans are offered to active, full-time employees working a minimum of 30 hours per week year round (non-seasonal) who have satisfied the employer’s minimum service requirement.
RSL SmartChoice Life/AD&D Plan Highlights:
- Simplified enrollment
- Guaranteed issue of $50,000 for groups of two to five lives
- Guaranteed issue of up to $75,000 for groups of six to nine lives
- Guaranteed issue of up to $100,000 for groups of 10 through 19 lives
- Maximum benefit of $200,000
- Plan designs offered include 1X earnings, 2X earnings to a certain maximum, or flat amount of coverage for all
- All plans offer an equal amount of Life/AD&D
- Group life conversion privilege
- Waiver of premium provision included
- Accelerated death benefit
- Seat belt benefit included
RSL SmartChoice STD Plan Highlights:
- Guarantee issue
- Benefit options offered include 50%, 60%, 66⅔%, 70% or a flat amount of coverage for all
- Weekly maximum benefit of $1,500
- Pre-existing condition benefit
- Benefit for one period of disability paid from the first day of injury or from the eighth consecutive day of sickness
- Benefit duration of 13 or 26 weeks
- Plans are non-occupational and end at retirement
Claremont Insurance is here to assist you by providing carrier and product information, plan quotes and comparisons, employer presentations, open enrollment assistance and more for a variety of products offered by California's premier insurance carriers.
Plan summaries, enrollment and change forms, and information about Reliance Standard Life Insurance Company and our other carriers are always available through Claremont. You can request materials online at email@example.com or call our broker service representatives Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 800.696.4543.
If you are ready to enroll your group in a Reliance Standard plan, please click the Forms tab for a checklist of required paperwork.
Please note that the submission of all required paperwork, each filled out completely, aids in expediting the underwriting process. We look forward to receiving your enrollment forms and working with you to see your small group business placed.
Thank you for choosing Claremont Insurance Services.
Please submit your new group enrollment information to Claremont:
- Electronically with our secure online service. OR
- By mail: 2999 Oak Road, Suite 810, Walnut Creek, CA 94597.
Business Hours: 8 am to 5 pm, Monday - Friday
Need more information or assistance?
Contact the small group experts at 800.696.4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reliance Standard Benefit Summaries
- Reliance Standard Forms
A checklist of what is required for new group submission.Revision Date: 7/2015