Blue Shield Changes Renewal Content
Blue Shield Changes Renewal ContentSeptember 10, 2018
Blue Shield no longer includes plan comparisons or summaries in their small group renewals. Instead, Blue Shield developed a tool to help you easily compare several plan options and produce an easy-to-read report for your clients. Check out the new online Broker Plan Comparison Tool. For future reference, you may want to bookmark this web page https://blueshieldcaemployerplans.com. If you prefer, contact us and our team can produce this report for your clients.
Follow these simple steps to get your plan comparisons and summaries:
1. Select the group size, year, product type and network type, and you’ll see a list of plans to select from (screenshots below). No log-in required. This comparison can be done for medical, dental or vision plans.
2. The current plans are categorized by metal tier, and in the example below by PPO, HDHP, and Mirror plans. The tool only allows three plans in the comparison.
3. Once you’ve selected the plans to compare, the output will look like the screenshot below. You can save this comparison as a PDF to send to your client(s).
4. The tool will also compare the prior year plans with the current year plans. The 2019 plans have not been released so, for now, the only comparison that can be generated is 2017 vs 2018. This is for medical only.
5. The plans are categorized by metal tier, and in the example below by PPO, HDHP, and Mirror plans. The tool will only allow one plan in the comparison.
6. Once you’ve selected a plan to compare, the output will look like the screenshot below. Again, you can save this comparison as a PDF to send to your client(s).
7. In both types of comparisons, there is a limit on how many plans will be produced in a single output. If your client is requesting more plans than the system allows, simply save them all as individual PDFs and then combine them into one master PDF that includes all the comparisons. This process is extremely easy and quick.
- What’s New for Q4-2018 quick reference guide.
- Q4-2018 Sales Brochure.
- Pediatric dental and vision FAQs.
- Trio Conversion brochure.
- Teladoc brochure.
- New Small Business Multiple Subscriber Change Spreadsheet form for subscriber-level plan changes during renewal.
- Master Group Application form.
- Updated Employee Enrollment form.
- Blue Shield’s Renewal Center will help streamline the renewal process. You now can:
- Complete your renewals, 100% paperless, starting with your December customers.
- Compare/add/edit/delete subscribers and dependents to calculate quotes.
- Submit group renewals and enroll clients’ employees online.
Visit Blue Shield’s Broker Connection to learn more.
Contact the small group experts at 800.696.4543 or email@example.com.