To access the carrier product and rate information provided by PRISM, check the box below indicating you have read and agree to the license agreement. A button will then appear to access PRISM.
Employer contribution entered in Dental Contribution under Group Information affects the Delta Dental plans and rates returned. Please be aware that Delta Dental will require groups with 100% employer contribution to have 100% participation.Login To Prism
Blue Shield no longer includes plan comparisons or summaries in their small group renewals. Instead, Blue Shield developed a tool to help you easily compare several plan options and produce an easy-to-read report for your clients. Check out the new online Broker Plan Comparison Tool. For future reference, you may want to bookmark this web page https://blueshieldcaemployerplans.com. If you prefer, contact us and our team can produce this report for your clients.
1. Select the group size, year, product type and network type, and you’ll see a list of plans to select from (screenshots below). No log-in required. This comparison can be done for medical, dental or vision plans.
2. The current plans are categorized by metal tier, and in the example below by PPO, HDHP, and Mirror plans. The tool only allows three plans in the comparison.
3. Once you’ve selected the plans to compare, the output will look like the screenshot below. You can save this comparison as a PDF to send to your client(s).
4. The tool will also compare the prior year plans with the current year plans. The 2019 plans have not been released so, for now, the only comparison that can be generated is 2017 vs 2018. This is for medical only.
5. The plans are categorized by metal tier, and in the example below by PPO, HDHP, and Mirror plans. The tool will only allow one plan in the comparison.
6. Once you’ve selected a plan to compare, the output will look like the screenshot below. Again, you can save this comparison as a PDF to send to your client(s).
7. In both types of comparisons, there is a limit on how many plans will be produced in a single output. If your client is requesting more plans than the system allows, simply save them all as individual PDFs and then combine them into one master PDF that includes all the comparisons. This process is extremely easy and quick.
Visit Blue Shield’s Broker Connection to learn more.
Contact the small group experts at 800.696.4543 or email@example.com.