Blue Shield’s Easier New Sales Submissions
Blue Shield’s Easier New Sales SubmissionsSeptember 18, 2018
To make sales submissions easier for you and your small group clients, Blue Shield is implementing the following changes:
- Individual coverage will be accepted as a valid waiver beginning with October 1, 2018 effective dates. Employees waiving group coverage due to individual coverage do not count against the group participation requirement.
- Through March 2019, new groups will be accepted with as few as 25% of eligible employees (5 minimum) enrolled.
- Trio HMO may be offered within any Blue Shield of California small group plan package.
- The deposit check may be as low as 25% of the first month’s premium due.
- No DE9C required for groups of five or more enrolling in medical plans.*
To learn more, download Blue Shield’s Small Group Underwriting Guidelines.
You can also check your new groups’ application status online by visiting Blue Shield’s Broker Connection. Select “New Group Submission Status” from the Small Business (1-100) drop-down menu.
- What’s New for Q4-2018 quick reference guide.
- Q4-2018 Sales Brochure.
- Pediatric dental and vision FAQs.
- Trio Conversion brochure.
- Teladoc brochure.
- New Small Business Multiple Subscriber Change Spreadsheet form for subscriber-level plan changes during renewal.
- Master Group Application form.
- Updated Employee Enrollment form.
- Blue Shield’s Renewal Center will help streamline the renewal process. You now can:
- Complete your renewals, 100% paperless, starting with your December customers.
- Compare/add/edit/delete subscribers and dependents to calculate quotes.
- Submit group renewals and enroll clients’ employees online.
Visit Blue Shield’s Broker Connection to learn more.
Contact the small group experts at 800.696.4543 or email@example.com.
*Some restrictions apply. Ask our small group experts for details.