Blue Shield Extends Special Enrollment Period Through The End of The Year
Blue Shield Extends Special Enrollment Period Through The End of The YearNovember 4, 2019
New small groups requesting a January 1, 2020, effective date are eligible for coverage without meeting the minimum participation and contribution requirements during a special enrollment period (SEP). Blue Shield is extending this SEP from the standard November 15 through December 15 dates and will accept submissions all the way through December 31.
Groups enrolling during the special enrollment period must meet all other small group eligibility requirements.
For more information, see our article on taking advantage of the small group special enrollment period.
Blue Shield Broker Resources
- Product Cycle Updates
- Employer Connection Plus (EC+)
- Broker Communications
- Blue Shield News Center
- Plan Comparison Tool
- Small Business Plan Documents
- Renewal Center
- 2020 Small Business Plans at a Glance
- Q1-2020 Small Business Sales Brochure
- 2020 Medical Plan Cheat Sheet
- Specialty Plan Quick Facts
- Trio HMO Flyer and Website
- Teladoc Brochure
- Broker Bonus
- Pharmacy Directory
- Specialty Drug Short Cycle Program Expansion RxNews Flash
- Blue Shield Small Group Underwriting Guidelines
- Relaxed Participation
- New Small Business Multiple Subscriber Change Spreadsheet form for subscriber-level plan changes during renewal.
- Master Group Application Form
- Updated Employee Enrollment Form
- Blue Shield’s Renewal Center will help streamline the renewal process. You can:
- Complete your renewals, 100% paperless.
- Compare/add/edit/delete subscribers and dependents to calculate quotes.
- Submit group renewals and enroll clients’ employees online.
Visit Blue Shield’s Broker Connection to learn more.
Contact your Claremont team at 800.696.4543 or email@example.com.