Blue Shield – More Value and More Benefits in 2017
Blue Shield – More Value and More Benefits in 2017April 17, 2017
With the addition of Teladoc virtual doctor visits and Heal™ on-demand care, exciting new benefits and dental PPO network enhancements, Blue Shield of California continues to deliver exceptional value to your clients. Make sure your small group clients are taking advantage of all the benefits available to them, including:
Free Vaccines at Retail Pharmacies
- Members can get six common vaccines free, at participating retail pharmacies, as a covered benefit with no out-of-pocket cost.
Learn which vaccines are covered and how to find a participating pharmacy with the member Vaccines at Retail Pharmacies flyer.
Inexpensive Teladoc Virtual Doctor Visits
- Available to new groups now, and at the anniversary date to groups renewing in 2017.
- Unlimited visits:
– $5 co-pay for HMO and PPO members.
– $40 co-pay (prior to the deductible) and $5 co-pay once the deductible is met for PPO Savings members.
- Providers can write prescriptions and send them to the patient’s local pharmacy for pickup.
Convenient On-Demand Heal™ Doctor Visits
- Doctor visits at a time and place that’s best for PPO members.
- In-network benefits — PPO members only pay their plan’s co-pay.
- Available in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, Oakland, Berkeley, San Diego, and the peninsula to San Jose.
- Blue Shield PPO members with coverage through Covered California are eligible.
Dental Insurance Enhancements
After medical insurance, dental coverage is the benefit most requested by employees. Plus, dental insurance can help employees avoid many preventable health problems and increase productivity at work. Did you know 164 million work hours were lost because of dental disease? Check out this infographic for more facts.
Blue Shield Dental Advantages:
- Affordable small group dental plans.
- Expanded dental PPO network:
– 40% more provider access for new and existing groups.
More than 51,000 locations and 6,000 providers added to the dental PPO network.
- One of the largest dental provider networks in California!
- Adds value to employees’ benefits package.
Robust Mobile App for Members
- Save time and give your clients instant access to their benefits information. With the mobile app, members can:
– Easily view their ID card.
– Search for urgent care centers.
– Find a doctor in-network.
– Look up benefits information.
Download the Mobile App for Members FAQs to learn more.
Groups can securely manage their account online and:
- Enroll new hires, order member ID cards, and make other changes.
- View medical plan benefit details, such as deductible and co-payment information.
- Add or terminate medical plan coverage for employees and their dependents.
- Access eligibility details.
- Set up automatic payments to avoid late payment notices.
Please note: online changes do not take effect immediately, typically 5-7 business days to be completed. Once an online enrollment has been submitted, edits or correction cannot be done online. You must submit a Subscriber Change Request form.
- What’s New for 2017 quick reference guide.
- Blue Shield’s small business sales resources.
- Prior carrier deductible policies.
- Understand how SB125 revises the definition of small group.
- Transition of groups with 51-100 employees to the small group market.
- Embedded pediatric dental and vision benefits FAQs.
Visit Blue Shield’s Producer Connection to learn more.
Contact your Claremont team at 800.696.4543 or email@example.com.