Blue Shield Partners with Non-Profit Civica Rx to Lower Generic Drug Costs
Blue Shield Partners with Non-Profit Civica Rx to Lower Generic Drug CostsFebruary 3, 2020
In response to the impact of high drug costs on the health of Americans and the overall affordability of healthcare, Blue Shield of California recently announced a partnership with non-profit Civica Rx to lower the costs of generic medications.
“Drugs are too expensive for the wrong reasons. They’re not too expensive because of innovation. They’re too expensive because sometimes there isn’t enough competition. We plan to introduce competitive alternatives to the marketplace to ensure we have affordable drugs available to our members. This is not happening naturally now. Anytime, anywhere a drug is off patent, it’s an opportunity for us to create an alternative and ensure that consumers are not only getting high-quality drugs, but they’re affordable,” commented Paul Markovich, President and CEO, Blue Shield of California.
Blue Shield Broker Resources
- Product Cycle Updates
- Employer Connection Plus (EC+)
- Broker Communications
- Blue Shield News Center
- Plan Comparison Tool
- Small Business Plan Documents
- Renewal Center
- 2020 Small Business Plans at a Glance
- Q1-2020 Small Business Sales Brochure
- 2020 Medical Plan Cheat Sheet
- Specialty Plan Quick Facts
- Trio HMO Flyer and Website
- Teladoc Brochure
- Broker Bonus
- Pharmacy Directory
- Specialty Drug Short Cycle Program Expansion RxNews Flash
- Blue Shield Small Group Underwriting Guidelines
- Relaxed Participation
- New Small Business Multiple Subscriber Change Spreadsheet form for subscriber-level plan changes during renewal.
- Master Group Application Form
- Updated Employee Enrollment Form
- Blue Shield’s Renewal Center will help streamline the renewal process. You can:
- Complete your renewals, 100% paperless.
- Compare/add/edit/delete subscribers and dependents to calculate quotes.
- Submit group renewals and enroll clients’ employees online.
Visit Blue Shield’s Broker Connection to learn more.
Contact your Claremont team at 800.696.4543 or email@example.com.