Blue Shield Relaxed Participation Guidelines Extended to September 30, 2018
Blue Shield Relaxed Participation Guidelines Extended to September 30, 2018June 11, 2018
Blue Shield has extended their relaxed underwriting participation requirements through September 30, 2018, for groups with five or more enrolled employees to just 25% for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
Relaxed Participation Requirements:
- Apply to new medical small business and specialty clients with off-exchange plans. Effective dates: January 1, 2018 through September 30, 2018.
- Only one carrier’s HMO plans can be written alongside a Blue Shield plan.
- EPO benefit designed plans cannot be written alongside Blue Shield medical products.
- Blue Shield must be the sole carrier when offering dental, vision, and life plans.
Trio HMO plans
- Participation requirements have been waived for Trio-only membership for groups of 1 to 100 eligible employees. New groups can enroll with Blue Shield with just a single member.
- Your clients can purchase a medical plan and/or specialty benefits from Blue Shield alongside another carrier with more lenient underwriting participation rules.
Download this flyer to see an example of the relaxed participation requirements and get the details.
Specialty Coverage Promotions
- Small Business Bundled Savings program offers a 5% discount for groups adding dental and/or vision coverage to new or existing small business medical plans.
- Earn $10 per net new member for all of 2018 when you enroll members in a dental, vision, and/or life plan with the Specialty Bonus. Applies with or without Blue Shield medical plans and voluntary specialty coverage.
- What’s New for Q2-2018 quick reference guide.
- What’s New for Q3-2018 quick reference guide.
- Pediatric dental and vision FAQs.
- Trio Conversion brochure.
- New Small Business Multiple Subscriber Change Spreadsheet form for subscriber-level plan changes during renewal.
- New Q3 Master Group Application form.
- Updated Employee Enrollment form.
Visit Blue Shield’s Broker Connection to learn more.
Contact the small group experts at 800.696.4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.