Blue Shield Relaxed Participation Extended Through March 31, 2016
Blue Shield Relaxed Participation Extended Through March 31, 2016March 11, 2016
For small groups with 1-100 eligible employees, Blue Shield is relaxing the participation requirement to 25% on medical plans through March 31, 2016, less than their already low requirement of 65% and among the lowest in the industry.
With this limited-time promotion, your small business clients can purchase a medical plan from Blue Shield alongside another carrier’s medical plan with more lenient underwriting participation rules (e.g. an HMO from one carrier and a PPO from another).
The Blue Shield specialty products participation requirement has also been reduced to 25%, when purchased with a Blue Shield medical plan or as a stand-alone option.
This promotion allows:
- At least 25% of the total number of eligible employees enroll in a Blue Shield medical plan, with no fewer than five.
- Up to one other carrier may be written alongside the Blue Shield medical plan.*
- Blue Shield must be the sole carrier when offering specialty products: dental, vision and life.
- January 1, 2017 through March 31, 2017 effective dates for new medical and specialty clients.
- Groups meet the definition of a qualified small employer group.
Help your small business clients take advantage of this promotion. For more information, download the Blue Shield brochure.
Contact the small group experts at 800.696.4543 or email@example.com.
*Off-exchange plans only.