Blue Shield Renewal Month Change Option
Blue Shield Renewal Month Change OptionFebruary 25, 2016
Blue Shield is offering small groups the option to change their renewal month in 2016. This is a good opportunity for your clients that chose the early renewal option in 2013 and would prefer to return to their original renewal date. In addition, any group bringing forward their renewal month will take advantage of new benefits, including the new embedded pediatric dental coverage.
To switch your clients’ renewal month in 2016:
- Blue Shield will issue a small group agreement with a new effective date as of the first day of the month requested on the Small Business Plan Year/Contract Year Change Form. The group agreement will renew every 12 months as of the first day of that month identified.
- The renewal change request must be received at least 30 days prior to the first day of the requested change.
- The request to change the renewal date of the group agreement will apply to all Blue Shield coverage in place with the group, including coverage for medical plans, dental plans, vision plans, and life insurance (Underwritten by Blue Shield of California Life & Health Insurance Company).
- The small group agreement will be issued with small group rates currently in effect.
- The group remains responsible for providing 60 days notice of changes in coverage or rates to its employees.
Visit Blue Shield’s Producer Connection to learn more.
Contact the small group experts at 800.696.4543 or email@example.com.