Blue Shield Waives Participation Requirements for Trio Plans
Blue Shield Waives Participation Requirements for Trio PlansJune 19, 2017
Learn more about the innovative Trio plan and Blue Shield’s liberal participation promotion.
Blue Shield is waiving the participation requirements for groups of 1 to 100 eligible employees when employees enroll in Trio only health plans. That’s right, down to one enrollee. No more counting or calculating to meet membership minimums. Use the Trio census qualification tool to see which groups and members are located in the Trio ACO HMO network service areas. Just select Trio plans only on the master group application for new business submissions.
Medical Health Plans
- Participation requirements will be waived for groups (1-100) that offer Trio ACO plans only.
- Refusal of Coverage forms will be required for employees who do not enroll in Blue Shield Trio coverage.
- Standard participation requirements apply to groups selecting the Trio HMO network alongside the Access+ HMO.
- Blue Shield reserves the right to apply participation requirements on renewal.
- Groups selecting Trio only for their medical health plans can add specialty coverage — dental and/or vision — with the same minimum participation requirements waived.
- Trio only groups enrolling in dental and/or vision qualify for the 5% specialty discount.
- Dental and/or vision members do not have to match the medical.
Trio Incentive Program (TIP)
Earn a $250 bonus when you close a small group sale (at least one member enrolled) that includes a Trio plan or when you add a Trio plan to a renewing group. Plus, receive $25 for each member who enrolls in a Trio plan.
- What’s New for 2017 quick reference guide.
- Blue Shield’s small business sales resources.
- Prior carrier deductible policies.
- Understand how SB125 revises the definition of small group.
- Transition of groups with 51-100 employees to the small group market.
- Embedded pediatric dental and vision benefits FAQs.
Visit Blue Shield’s Producer Connection to learn more.
Contact the small group experts at 800.696.4543 or email@example.com.