Below are the updates, changes, and reminders to prepare for Q2-2021.
- Rates are now available through PRISM, our free and easy online quoting system.
- The Q2-2021 rate action statewide average is 1%.
New Silver PPO 2225/50 Medical Plan
- Includes Value Based Benefits, $0 office visits and lab tests for members with diabetes, asthma, COPD, and CAD.
- Available on Full PPO and Tandem PPO networks.
- No deductible on Tier 1 and Tier 2 drugs.
- Any eligible member can enroll.
Changes to Life Plans Effective April 1, 2021
- 12 existing multiple of salary (1x and 2x) plans with benefit maximums between $125,000 and $300,000 available for groups with as few as 10 eligible lives.
- 6 new multiple of salary (2x) plans added with higher benefit maximum amounts of up to $600,000.
Enhancements to The Bronze PPO Plans
- All of the non-HSA Bronze PPO plans have been redesigned and now offer enhanced first dollar coverage prior to the deductible.
- April through June renewals are available online.
- Group renewal packets include an options census for quick quoting that displays the current and renewing rates along with several plan options with the new 2021 rates.
- The statewide average rate difference between Trio HMO and Access+ HMO is 18%, and there is a 9% difference between Tandem PPO and Full PPO plans.
- Relaxed participation requirements for small businesses have been extended to December 31, 2021.
- Members will receive a new ID card as a result of Blue Shield's transition to a new pharmacy vendor, CVS Health.
Get the details and take advantage of the broker bonus programs.