Q4-2018 Small Group Rates and Updates
Small group PPO rates will remain unchanged through December 31, 2018. HMO plans will increase an average of 1.5% for October through December effective dates.
Updates — Effective November 1, 2018
- No benefit changes to the existing plans.
- Two new HMO plans will be available on all four HMO networks. Both will offer a hospital copay.
- New "Choice Simplified III" package will be added, giving employers four plan packages to choose from.
- Marin County zip code 94924 has been added to the Signature (full HMO) network and all PPO networks.
Underwriting Changes — Effective July 1, 2018
- Minimum 60% participation is required for contributory groups, excluding COBRA participants.
- Groups offering the UnitedHealthcare Choice Simplified Package and a staff-model must have at least 60% participation between the participating carriers with 5 California employees enrolling with UnitedHealthcare, excluding COBRA participants. Coverage may be written alongside two other staff-model carriers.
- Groups offering the UnitedHealthcare Multi-Choice® State Package and a staff-model must have at least 60% participation with UnitedHealthcare, excluding COBRA participants.
- Additional participation guidelines for all groups:
- When employers contribute 100% of the employee premium, 100% of eligible employees must enroll.
- COBRA participants and employees in the waiting period are not eligible and are not included when determining the participation requirement.
Learn more about the rates, updates, and new plans.