Q4-2019 Small Business Rates and Updates
Blue Shield has announced the Q4-2019 statewide average rate action for both PPO and HMO plans is 1.8%. Rate actions vary by region and network; regional rate actions for PPO plans range from -5.5% to +5.9%, and rate actions for HMO plans range from -0.9% to +4.3%.
- Group renewal packets include a "Choice Chart" with quote estimates for alternative plans.
- Groups on Full PPO plans may reduce premiums by 3%-12% by switching to Tandem PPO plans.
- Groups on HMO plans may reduce premiums by 11%-32% by changing to a Trio HMO plan.
- Q4 renewal kits will be delivered digitally. Each group will have a unique microsite with all their materials online.
- Delivery of online renewals will be consistent with your current renewal experience.
- Beginning with October groups, renewal packets will include a new "Options" page with dental and vision plans and rates for groups that currently offer only medical plans.
- Additional information on renewal changes can be found in the Small Business Renewals Online Guide.
- The Bundling Discount program offers a 10% savings on dental and vision premiums when added to groups with Blue Shield medical plans.
- Effective July 1, 2019, brokers will be required to provide their Producer ID from Incentive Compensation Management for verification purposes. Your Tax ID or social security number will continue to be accepted temporarily.
Broker Bonus Programs
Earn more with two broker bonus programs: the Small Business Medical Incentive Program and the Specialty Bonus Program.
Learn more about the updates and broker bonus programs.