New 1-Hour Online Agent Certification Course*
Great news! With the new Covered California for Small Business (CCSB) simple 1-hour online course, it’s now quicker and easier to become a CCSB certified agent to sell small group coverage and leverage their unique advantages.
You should take this course if you:
- Currently place your CCSB groups through another agent in your brokerage.
- Are not certified by Covered CA and would like to write CCSB groups.
How to get certified to sell CCSB:
- Submit the application. Upon approval in a day or so, you will receive an email link to the 1-hour online training on Covered California’s Learning Management System (LMS).
- Log in and complete the training. Keep the Certificate of Completion for your records.
- Complete the CCSB Agreement you'll receive from DocuSign in about two business days after you complete the training. Pay the Department of Insurance endorsement fee. Allow 3-5 business days for processing. Note: there are 2 agreements to choose from whether you’re an independent broker or part of an agency.
- Receive your Covered California for Small Business certification by email. You may begin quoting and writing new CCSB groups with Claremont!
Get started with CCSB agent certification.
*Agents who take the 1-hour CCSB course may not sell individual coverage under Covered California, only small group coverage. If you wish to sell individual Covered CA policies, you will need to get the full certification.