Other Coronavirus (COVID-19) News
Other Coronavirus (COVID-19) NewsMarch 30, 2020
Other Coronavirus news impacting brokers and employers:
- President Trump signs the new $2 trillion Coronavirus relief bill (CBS, CNN).
- The US Department of Labor publishes Q&As on the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act. Claremont HR partners Mammoth HR and HR Services, Inc. both provide resources to help employers implement the law’s new requirements.
- SBA updates Small Business Guidance to include information on the Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program, SBA Express Bridge Loans, and updated Guidance for Business and Employers.
- CAHU creates a COVID-19 web page to help brokers with links to useful state and federal resources.
- IRS issues federal income tax filing and payment relief for individuals and businesses with April 15 filing dates.
- California DOI provides guidance for the insurance industry on how to interpret the term “Essential Businesses” in the recent California “shelter-in-place” order.
- Governor Newsom announces California statewide “shelter-in-place” order impacting all residents and businesses except those involved in “essential businesses.”
- The US Small Business Administration is providing low-interest loans to help small businesses recover from the impact of the Coronavirus (The North Bay Business Journal).
- Seven Bay Area counties issue a shelter-in-place order impacting all residents and businesses in San Francisco, Santa Clara, San Mateo, Santa Cruz, Alameda, Contra Costa and Marin counties (The New York Times, San Francisco Chronicle).
- San Francisco Mayor Breed announces new measures to help small businesses impacted by the Coronavirus outbreak. (San Francisco Business Times, Office of the Mayor).
- IRS confirms that high-deductible health plans (HDHPs) can cover Coronavirus costs, including testing and treatment. HSA account holders can continue to make HSA contributions if their HDHP covers Coronavirus testing and treatment costs (Accounting Today, Sterling Administration).
- California DMHC and DOI issue Coronavirus directive to health plans and insurance companies, including the elimination of copays and deductibles on testing and other related services.
- Governor Newsom declares the State of Emergency to help California prepare for a broader spread of Coronavirus.
- The U.S. State Department is advising Americans to avoid traveling to certain countries.
Contact the small group experts at 800.696.4543 or email@example.com.
Your success is important to us, and we’re actively working on new solutions to support you throughout the year. To get the latest news via text messaging in the future, simply provide your cell phone number here.