Delta Dental Changes EyeMed Vision Benefits
Delta Dental Changes EyeMed Vision BenefitsAugust 13, 2018
Delta Dental of California’s Small Business Program had changed their vision benefits offered through EyeMed effective August 1, 2018. With only one EyeMed plan moving forward, employers who purchase one of Delta Dental’s Small Business Program plans administered by Allied Administrators will have access to this new plan.
- In-network vision benefits match the current Enhanced plan.
- Out-of-network benefits provide increased reimbursements for some procedures compared to the current Enhanced plan.
- Members have access to over 104,600 providers at 28,200+ locations nationwide. 12,500 providers and nearly 3,600 locations in California.
- EyeMed’s network includes independent ophthalmologists, optometrists, opticians, and 70 national retail chains, including LensCrafters, Pearle Vision, Target Optical, and Sears Optical.
- A hearing benefit has been added.
- Enrollment in the new plan is not required to match Delta Dental’s enrollment.
- Available to California employers with 2 to 99 eligible employees.
- Employers contribute 50% or more of the employee vision premium.
- Employers must offer dental and vision, with at least 75% of employees enrolled in the vision plan.
- 24-month term and rate guarantee for businesses enrolling August 1, 2018, to December 31, 2019.
The current Standard and Enhanced EyeMed plans will no longer be offered effective August 1, 2018. Existing businesses will be transitioned to the new plan upon renewal.
Download the EyeMed brochure for details.
Contact our small group experts at 800.696.4543 or email@example.com.