Principal Open Enrollment Updates
Principal Open Enrollment UpdatesOctober 21, 2019
Enrollments are underway or just around the corner for many of your clients, and the process for employers who offer Principal coverage is evolving in the new year.
Principal’s open enrollment flexibility begins January 1, 2020:
Dental, Managed Care Vision (VSP), and Accident Coverage
- Members and dependents can get coverage during their open enrollment period1 with full benefits even if they were previously enrolled in and waived coverage.
- If members and dependents don’t enroll within 31 days of being eligible, their only opportunity to enroll will be during the group’s open enrollment period.2
- Any member or dependent currently in a benefit waiting period for dental or vision coverage will receive full benefits as of January 1, 2020.
Voluntary Term Life Coverage
- Clients with a $10,000, $20,000, or $25,000 increment benefit design will now have an open enrollment period1 available to them annually.
- Members and dependents, even if they weren’t previously enrolled, can add new or increase existing life coverage during the open enrollment period up to two benefit increments (depending on the benefit design) without proof of good health.
- Existing dental, managed care vision (VSP), and voluntary term life policyholders will receive information about the enhanced enrollment flexibility in mid-November.
Check out Principal’s Q4 promotions for new and existing clients (cases under 200 lives).
Start quoting Principal today!
Contact the small group experts at 800.696.4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1Open enrollment period is typically one month before a client’s renewal.
2If a member or dependent has a qualifying event, they can enroll within 31 days of the event.
Your success is important to us, and we’re actively working on new solutions to support you throughout the year. To get the latest news via text messaging in the future, simply provide your cell phone number here.