Q4-2016 Renewal Tips
Q4-2016 Renewal TipsSeptember 8, 2016
Renewal season is quickly approaching. Managing time and efficiently servicing employers’ needs can be challenging. To make enrollment season more successful and streamline the process for your small business clients, here are some quick tips to accurately complete your Q4 renewals.
Tips to avoid renewal resets and delays:
- Before getting started, know the group’s waiting period. You will be required to enter the desired waiting period during the renewal.
- Download the Blue Shield Online Renewal Quick Start Guide.
- Go online to the Blue Shield Producer Connection and begin the renewal process using the Quick Start Guide. If you take no action during the renewal period, the group will automatically be enrolled in the ACA-compliant plan that most closely resembles their current plan.
- Tips for selecting a plan package:
- We recommend you select all plans. In order to do this, select one of the three Off-Exchange Package options. All three contain all PPO plans, but they differ in which HMO network plans are shown (Access+, Local Access+ or Trio).
- You will see a popup window showing the plan names. Click “Select All.” Then choose whether the group wants Infertility Riders or not.
- If you chose to show all plans in the 2015 renewal, be aware that you will need to choose “Select All” again. The plans that were added in 2016 will not be checked until you do so.
- If you only want to see one plan, choose the Single Plan button.
Contact the small group experts at 800.696.4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.