Beam Dental Offers Group Term Life Coverage
Beam Dental Offers Group Term Life CoverageJuly 21, 2020
Effective July 1, 2020, Beam Dental will be offering group term life and accidental death and dismemberment (AD&D) coverage through Nationwide®.
Nationwide’s group term life policies will be paired with AD&D coverage, which also includes the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no additional charge.
- 12-month rate guarantee.
- 30+ hours per week worked.
- Employer-paid 2+ insured lives.
- No length of time in business requirement.
Life Insurance Benefits
- $50,000 benefit for groups with 2+ employees or $100,000 benefit for groups with 10+ employees.
- No health qualification required (guaranteed issue).
Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
Pays an additional benefit equal to the members’ life insurance benefits for death due to accidental causes. Benefits are also payable in the event of accidental loss of eyesight, limbs, movement of limbs, speech, and hearing.
Premium Waiver Benefit
Members’ life insurance premiums may be waived if they become totally disabled prior to age 60 for more than 9 months, up to age 65.
Accelerated Death Benefit
50% to $50,000 if members are diagnosed with a terminal illness, a portion of the death benefit may be payable during their lifetime.
Download the flyer to learn more.
Valued by both employers and employees, Beam Dental offers:
- All members a complimentary smart toothbrush, toothpaste, dental floss, and the Beam app through Beam Perks.
- Easy dental benefits management for employers through the Beam Lighthouse technology platform.
- Employer savings of up to 15% at renewal, with member dental hygiene, through SmartPremiums.
- A Member Portal to view plan information, print insurance cards, view claims data, and more.
- The Beam App for members to view their insurance card, find a dentist, control brush settings, etc.
- Quality vision coverage through VSP, with frame allowance options up to $250.
Beam offers a range of plan options designed to fit the needs of every employer, including:
- Smart: 100/80/50 plan: Endo-perio-oral is surgery covered under Major.
- Plus: 100/80/50. Endo-perio-oral surgery is covered under Basic. Adult/child ortho options come with a $1,500 lifetime max.
- Select: 100/90/60/50. Up to $2000 annual maximum. Adult/child ortho options are available with a $2,000 lifetime maximum.
- Ultra: 100/100/80/50. Up to a $5,000 annual maximum. Adult/child ortho is available with a $2,000 lifetime maximum. (Available to groups with 10+ enrolled eligible employees.)
- 90th UCR Out-of-Network (OON) standard, upgradeable to 95th UCR.
- Dental and vision bundles with VSP.
- Large Max and Unlimited Ultra plans available.
- No downgrades on composites.
- Available for 2+ enrolled eligible employees.
- Rate cap or 2-year guarantee available on request.
- Child Ortho at 5+ with 5 enrolling (standard plans) or 10+ for custom plans.
- Annual open enrollment.
- No waiting periods unless requested.
- No missing tooth clause.
- Implants are covered.
- Occlusal (night) guards.
- 90th, 95th, MAC options for OON.
- Composites on posterior teeth covered on all dental plans, porcelain material covered on posterior teeth with no downgrades.
- Standard 12- month rate lock.
- A nationwide industry-leading network with 325,000+ access points, comparable to most major dental carriers.
- Participates in the top nationwide networks such as First Dental Health, DenteMax, Stratose, and Plusnetwork.
- Provider reports are available upon request.
- 90th percentile UCR OON standard. 95th percentile UCR OON available as an option.
- Learn more about the network.
Quality Vision Coverage Available Through VSP Vision Care
- VSP Choice Network and plans.
- $150, $175, $200, $250 frame allowance options.
- Available for 2+ eligible enrolled employees if bundled with dental.
- Beam handles enrollment, billing, and ongoing account management. VSP handles claims and support.
- 24-month rate lock.
Every Beam member receives complimentary Beam Perks. The member welcome kit contains a sonic-powered, smart, electronic toothbrush, custom formulated toothpaste, dental floss, and access to the Beam App and Member Portal.
- Delivered every 6 months, enrolled members in every plan receive a Beam Perks kit that includes replacement heads and batteries, toothpaste, and dental floss.
- Beam’s smart toothbrushes sync with the Beam Dental App scoring dental hygiene to help lower the group’s pricing at renewal.
Beam’s SmartPremiums help groups save up to 15% at renewal. When members use the Beam Brush, the group earns a Beam score. The better the group’s Beam score, the lower the group’s premium at renewal.
Premium reduction occurs at renewal (plan year or calendar year) and is based on the group’s aggregate Beam score, prior year claims data analysis, and changes in dentist reimbursement contracts.
Start quoting Beam Dental with group term life coverage today and take advantage of the features, benefits, and savings!
Contact your Claremont team at 800.696.4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.