Blue Shield Q3-2021 Updates
Below are the updates, changes, and reminders to prepare for Q3-2021.
- Rates are now available through PRISM, our free and easy online quoting system.
- The Q3-2021 rate action statewide average is 1.2%.
- July through September group renewals are available to download as of April 8, 2021.
- Group-level changes can be made using the Small Group Online Renewal (SGOR) beginning Friday, April 23 (date subject to change).
- Group renewal packets will include an options census that displays the current and renewing rates, along with several plan options with the 2021 rates.
- The statewide average rate difference between Trio HMO and Access+ HMO is 18%, and there is a 9% difference between Tandem PPO and Full PPO plans.
- Visit the Blue Shield Renewal Center to learn more.
Q3-2021 Small Business Forms
- The forms are now available and have been posted on the Broker Connection.
- Both Q2 and Q3 form versions will be accepted, however, the most current version is always preferred.
- Blue Shield Plan Comparison Tool and the Network Comparison Tool can be used to compare side-by-side benefits for medical, dental, and vision. Results can be downloaded into a PDF and emailed. Access both tools here.
- Download the Blue Shield Q3 2021 Small Group Sales Guide to view all medical plans offered side-by-side, eligibility requirements, submission checklist, Trio/Access+ plan comparisons, and Tandem/Full PPO plan comparisons.
- Relaxed Participation Requirements for small businesses have been extended to December 31, 2021. Get the details.
Blue Shield Resources
Contact your Claremont team at 800.696.4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.