Blue Shield – Q4 Rates, Broker Bonus Program, Relaxed Participation, and More
To set you up for success in Q4, below are the updates, tips, and tools announced by Blue Shield of California. Make sure to enroll and take advantage of the new Small Business Incentive Program.
- Now available through PRISM, our free and easy online quoting system.
- The Q4-2021 rate adjustment is a statewide average of 1.4%. View year over year and quarter over quarter increases and decreases for the HMO and PPO portfolios on Broker Connection.
- Access the Employer Enrollment Platform resources for more information.
October, November, and December Renewals
2021 Summer Holiday Payout Schedule
- Commission payouts with be adjusted for the months of July and September in observance of the holidays.
- The new payout dates are July 10th and September 10th.
- All other commission payouts will continue to be processed on the 7th of each month.
Plan Comparison Tool Updates
- Quickly filter networks to view deductibles, out-of-pocket maximums; and select medical, dental, or vision plans and compare key benefits side-by-side with the updated Plan Comparison Tool.
Broker Connection Online Portal Enhancements
- Banking Self-Service – Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
Banking updates for producer accounts can now be submitted within Broker Connection. Check out the transition summary to learn more.
- Application Status Self-Service
Get enrollment status details and real-time updates by logging in to Broker Connection and accessing the Small Business Application Status.
- Broker Connection Self-Service Portal
Learn about the Broker Connection self-service options.
Travel Assistance Program and Blue Shield Life
- Employees and their dependents traveling more than 100 miles from their home, can get access to medical care 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Get the Travel Assistance Program details and visit the group life page on Broker Connection for more information.
New FDA Approved Alzheimer’s Treatment
- The FDA recently granted the accelerated approval for the use of Aduhelm™ for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease.
- The Blue Shield Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committee will be reviewing this injectable drug by Q3 2021. In the interim, all requests for Aduhelm will require prior authorization and clinical review on a case-by-case basis.
- Earn points for qualified sales with the Small Business Incentive Program (June 2021 to January 2022 effective dates). Groups written through Claremont are eligible for this program.
- Keep track of your bonus points and what you’ve earned by enrolling in the Blue Shield Producer Rewards Program. To get started, sign up through the Broker Connection.
- Relaxed Participation Requirements for small businesses have been extended to December 31, 2021.
- New CVS pharmacy codes for all groups and members effective in 2021: BIN #004336, PCN #77993333. Get the details.
- Blue Shield Health and Wellness programs, available to all Blue Shield members, include discounts on Fitness Your Way™ gym membership, weight management programs, health and wellness products, hearing program, vision programs, and more.
Blue Shield Resources
Contact your Claremont team at 800.696.4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.