Blue Shield’s New Digital Resources and 2021 Updates
To support your efforts as you start gearing up for Q1-2021, Blue Shield of California is launching digital tools, revised underwriting rules to expedite the enrollment process, and new plan offerings and changes. Plus, you’ll see more rewards with their bonus programs.
- Rate Pass – Starting Q1-2021 for all plans and rating regions.
- Rates are now available through the various quote engines.
- Blue Shield forms, brochures, and general marketing materials are now available for 2021.
- Rate Stability – The cumulative rate action for groups renewing in Q1-2021 is -0.3%.
- Bundled Savings Program – Groups can add dental or vision plans with 10% lower premiums when a group also offers medical coverage.
- New Plans – Two new plans for 2021 are being introduced; Platinum PPO 250/10 and Gold PPO Savings 1750/15%. Both plans are offered on Tandem and Full PPO networks.
- Teladoc – For 2021, $0 copays for Teladoc general medical visits will be standard throughout Blue Shield’s Small Business portfolio.
- This includes all PPO, HMO, Trio, Tandem, On/Off Exchange, and PPO Savings (HDHP) plans.
- Teladoc is available to members at no cost through the end of 2020 due to the pandemic.
- Blue Shield is adding Teladoc mental health with $0 copay for all plans including PPO, HMO, Trio, Tandem, On/Off Exchange, and PPO Savings (HDHP).
- The $0 copay and addition of mental health benefits are upon renewal in 2021 and for new groups enrolling in 2021.
- Specialty Benefits – Blue Shield has updated their 2021 dental, vision, and life insurance offerings.
- Ultimate DPPO plans have updated names to include “ortho” or “no ortho” to more clearly identify the plan name.
- Vision plans now offer retinal imagining with no impact to rates.
- Basic Life and AD&D insurance will be available at $40,000 and $45,000.
– Dental plans have a two-year rate guarantee.
– Groups can offer two vision plans.
– Life insurance includes beneficiary assistance and travel assistance.
- Q1 Renewals – All Q1 group renewals will be available for download on October 16, 2020.
- Employer Enrollment Tool – Blue Shield has made a number of updates to existing features as well as introduced three new features – view quotes user experience, data validations for broker information and employee enrollment pages, and participation rules for Trio/Tandem plan enrollments.
- Enrollment Accommodations for COVID-19 – Extended through the end of the year.
- If an employee was laid off, furloughed, or had reduced work hours below eligibility requirements during the COVID-19 outbreak, and premiums were not paid during this time, reinstatement of coverage is possible without the standard waiting period (if re-enrolled within six months of when coverage ended).
- Group plan selection downgrades for Small Groups will be allowed through December 31, 2020.
- Buy-down plan selections must be consistent with the current plan type offered by the group; PPO plan to PPO plan or HMO plan to HMO plan.
- Option to buy-down to leaner benefits applies to medical, dental, and vision plans.
- The Special Enrollment Period (SEP) for employees who previously waived coverage for themselves and/or their dependents will be allowed without any of the standard qualifying life events through December 31, 2020, due to the pandemic.
- Enrollment requests must be received on or before the 1st of the month for which enrollment is being requested.
- This applies to all enrollment for medical, dental, and vision plans.
Blue Shield Resources
Contact your Claremont team at 800.696.4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.