CaliforniaChoice Q1-2023 Plan and Rate Updates
Did you miss the October 12th webinar?
View the webinar on-demand to learn what’s new and changing for 2023, important health plan updates and reminders, the marketplace, and what you can expect from CaliforniaChoice. Below is a brief summary of what was covered in the webinar.
View The Webinar
Summary of Plans and Rates
2022 New Networks, New Plans
- Cigna + Oscar is available out-of-state.
- 2 new Anthem Priority Select plans.
- 6 new UnitedHealthcare plans with benefit parity across multiple networks in Platinum/Gold.
- UnitedHealthcare Harmony Network expands into Northern California.
- New Health Net Gold plan.
- New Kaiser Permanente Gold plan.
2023 Plan Updates
- 20 new medical plans. New networks from Anthem Blue Cross, Cigna + Oscar, Health Net, and UnitedHealthcare in all four metal tiers.
- 2 new networks. Open Access Plus is a new full network from Cigna + Oscar and SmartCare is a new network from Health Net.
- More choice. Your clients can choose from more networks and plans for January 1, 2023.
4 New Anthem Blue Cross Plans
- Bronze PPO C – Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Bronze PPO D – Select PPO
- Silver PPO D – Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Silver PPO E – Select PPO
8 New Cigna + Oscar Plans
- Bronze EPO E – Open Access Plus (full network)
- Bronze EPO F – LocalPlus
- Silver EPO F – Open Access Plus (full network)
- Silver EPO G – Open Access Plus (full network)
- Gold EPO F – Open Access Plus (full network)
- Gold EPO G – Open Access Plus (full network)
- Platinum EPO F – Open Access Plus (full network)
- Platinum EPO G – Open Access Plus (full network)
5 New Health Net Plans
- Silver HMO D – Full
- Gold HMO H – SmartCare
- Gold HMO I – SmartCare
- Platinum HMO I – SmartCare
- Platinum HMO J – SmartCare
3 New UnitedHealthcare Plans
- Platinum HMO B – Signature Value
- Platinum HMO M – Harmony
- Platinum HMO N – Alliance
Employer-Friendly Budgeting – Defined Contribution
- Set it and forget it.
- Employee health care allowance.
- Fixed budget per employee.
2022 New Business Tiered Choice
The Member Marketplace (Coming Soon)
Features additional products and services from MetLife to enhance your clients’ protection, such as accident, hospital indemnity, and critical illness coverage, and legal plans.
ChoiceBuilder (2-500 Employees) Portfolio
- DHMO – DeltaCare HMO Network
- Silver and Gold PPO – Standard PPO Network
- Platinum PPO – Premier PPO Network
- All PPOs – Classic PPO Network
- All PPOs – PDP Plus Network
- New employer-sponsored life insurance option is available for coverage effective December 1, 2022 and later. Now your clients can choose from two life carriers.
Anthem Blue Cross
- All PPOs – Anthem Complete Network
- All Plans – Choice Network
- All Plans – Access Network
Special Enrollment Period (SEP)
For coverage effective January 1, 2023, your clients must enroll between November 15th and December 15th. And they must still meet the small group employer qualifications.
- Start-up groups of 5+ subscribers eligible with 1 week payroll; start-up groups of 1-4 subscribers eligible with 4 weeks of payroll.
- No ID cards for participation/waivers do not require a policy number.
- Submit current prior carrier bill(s) in lieu of a DE9C for groups of 6 or more subscribers.
- PEO split-off and subscriber group friendly.
- NO DE9C/payroll required.
- No wait for major services on all employer-sponsored benefits.
- Write ChoiceBuilder alongside California Choice for a waived admin fee.
- eSignatures accepted.
CaliforniaChoice is a private exchange employee benefits program specializing in saving small businesses on healthcare costs while offering more choices than any single health plan option.
What makes CaliforniaChoice different for your clients:
- Employers define what they can afford, and employees use that amount toward the health plan options they like best.
- Easy administration – everyone is on one monthly bill.
- Outstanding A+ rated customer service.
- Free services like HR support, FSA, and COBRA administration.
With CaliforniaChoice, employees get:
- The freedom to choose the health plan they want – it’s their choice!
- A huge selection of HMO, PPO, EPO, and high deductible plan options.
- Access to 80,000+ doctors and 400+ hospitals.
- Big discounts on dental, vision, hearing, Rx, wellness products, entertainment, and more.
Contact The Answer Team at 800.696.4543 or email@example.com.
Get The Latest News with Text Messaging!
Your success is important to us, and we’re actively working on new solutions to support you throughout the year. To get the latest news via text messaging in the future, simply provide your cell phone number here.
Sign Up for Text Messaging