Cigna + Oscar Q1-2023 Plan and Rate Updates
Below are the Cigna + Oscar (C+O) Q1-2023 plan and rate changes. To learn more about the first quarter updates, join the C+O October 20th webinar.
C+O 2022 California Top Rating Regions
- San Francisco
- Santa Clara
- Los Angeles (largest membership in CA)
- San Diego (second largest membership in CA)
- Santa Barbara
- Orange County
C+O 2022 California Top Selling Plans
- Bronze $6,000
- Gold $0
- Platinum $0/$10
- Gold $250
- Bronze $5,750 HSA
Approximately two-thirds of the membership are enrolled on an Open Access Plus Network offering.
National Network Enhancements
- Effective July 1, 2022 for new and existing business (effective April 1, 2022 with CaliforniaChoice).
- LocalPlus can now be offered to out of area members as long as they reside in a LocalPlus service area.
- Provides lower cost options for out-of-state members.
- Provides more competitive option for renewals.
Expanding PPO Products with LocalPlus – Effective January 1, 2023
- LocalPlus and Open Access Plus networks will be available as a PPO product within Cigna + Oscar direct.
- CaliforniaChoice offers LocalPlus and Open Access Plus networks as an EPO product only.
- 51% eligible in California.
– One enrolling employee living in California service area.
- No DE9C down to 3 enrolled.
- 4 plans allowed.
– Any 4 plans, any tier, and any network combination.
- Most flexible for startups/virgin groups.
– If 3+ enrolled, no tax documents needed.
– <3 employees, 2 weeks of payroll.
- C+O can be paired alongside any other carrier and any other plan type.
- 60% overall participation, but only 3+ needed to enroll with C+O.
- 3.6% average increase from Q4 to Q1.
- The premium difference when offering LocalPlus vs Open Access Plus networks averages approximately 10-12% savings (depending on the plan and region). Employer groups can offer both networks to employees.
Double-Digit Savings Across The State
2023 California Small Group Plans
2023 Product Portfolio Enhancements
Two new Bronze plans added: Bronze $3,000 and Bronze $7,250.
Flexible Plans That Fit Everyone’s Needs
- All plans offer employees the freedom to choose between the LocalPlus and Open Access Plus networks.
- Groups can offer up to four plans with no restrictions.
- 20 plans across all metal tiers, including 2 HSA plans.
- View the Cigna + Oscar 2023 Plan Grid.
Industry Leading Mobile App and Member Portal
- View and download digital ID cards.
- Message or call Care Guides.
- Request a phone or secure message Virtual Urgent Care consultation (telemedicine).
- Download EOB’s.
- Lab results.
- Step rewards.
Member ID Card Enhancements
Member Cost Savings Tools
Virtual Urgent Care
- 24/7 nationwide unlimited telemedicine benefit.
- $0 copay for all non-HSA plans.
- HSA members will have a cost share for telemedicine that’s applied to deductible and $0 copay post deductible.
Prescription Convenience and Cost-Savings
- $0 ACA preventive RX’s.
- Non HSA $3 RX list.
- HSA expanded preventive care RX list.
- Mail order RX benefits: 2.5x copay for 3 month supply.
Care Routing and Provider Search Tool
- Filter by symptoms, specialty area, and availability.
- Compare compatibility and ratings.
- See appointment availability.
- 1-on-1 support for members provided by C+O’s dedicated Care Team.
Step Rewards Program
Earn up to $100/year by downloading the C+O mobile app and syncing steps.
Prior Carrier Deductible and Maximum Out-of-Pocket Credits
C+O is the only carrier that will credit both deductible and max out-of-pocket amounts for the current calendar year.
Eligibility and Submission Criteria
- Groups must be enrolled with a calendar year deductible accumulator.
- Deductible credit requests must be submitted within 30 days of the groups’ effective date to be eligible for credits.
- C+O can accept Our Prior Carrier Deductible Form plus copies of member EOB’s OR spreadsheet reporting from the prior carrier.
- Claims incurred prior to applying for credits will not be processed.
Provider Education, Claims Submissions, and HIPAA
Download the Provider FAQs to learn more.
Dedicated Care Team and HIPAA
- Member satisfaction is twice the industry average.
- C+O members are supported by a Care Team of Care Guides and nurses who can help answer questions and save members money by finding the most affordable, highest quality care in their area.
2023 Bonus Program
This Q4, earn a bonus for writing multiple groups with December 1, 2022, December 15, 2022, and January 1, 2023 effective dates.
- Tier 1: Earn $250 when you sell 1 group with 4 or more enrolled employees.
- Tier 2: Earn $500 when you sell 3 groups with 4 or more enrolled employees.
- Tier 3: Earn $1,000 when you sell 5 groups with 4 or more enrolled employees.
- Maximum payout: $1,750 for hitting all three tiers.
Download the Cigna + Oscar Bonus Program flyer for details.
The Best of Two Carriers
With rates comparable to Kaiser, and networks that include Dignity Health, UCSF, Stanford, and Sutter, Cigna + Oscar brings together the power of Cigna’s nationwide and local provider networks, and Oscar’s member-focused tech-driven experience, to deliver small group health insurance that meets the unique needs of California small businesses and their employees. To learn more about Cigna + Oscar, view our web page.
Note: Only licensed and appointed agents who are contracted with Cigna + Oscar are eligible for the bonus. Check out the Cigna + Oscar Appointments Guide for full instructions.
Get a Quote
Contact The Answer Team at 800.696.4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Get The Latest News with Text Messaging!
Your success is important to us, and we’re actively working on new solutions to support you throughout the year. To get the latest news via text messaging in the future, simply provide your cell phone number here.
Sign Up for Text Messaging