Member Options for Accessing Care
Member Options for Accessing CareApril 7, 2020
As the Coronavirus continues to advance, many employees are left feeling nervous and anxious. To help quell growing fears and cope with uncertainty about the Coronavirus, employers should educate employees on prevention and symptoms, and make them aware of the many options for accessing care through their health plan.
Both Blue Shield and UnitedHealthcare provide helpful resources that outline the options for accessing care.
Blue Shield members can access care through urgent care centers, Heal, Teladoc, virtual visits, NurseHelp, CVS MinuteClinic, and more.
Heal On-Demand Physicians
A service that lets you see a doctor at a time and place that’s best for you. Schedule visits from 8 am – 8 pm, 365 days a year. A medical assistant travels with the physician on these visits.
- Primary, preventive, or urgent care services are available.
- Heal physicians are all contracted in the Blue Shield PPO network.
- The Heal co-pay matches a traditional office visit.
- Phone, online, and Heal app access for appointment scheduling.
- Available to Blue Shield PPO members with coverage through Covered California as well as direct.
- Remote house calls for COVID-19 by phone or video.
- Copay change to $0 on all Tandem PPO and Trio HMO Plans On/Off Exchange.
- The standard copay for all other PPO/HMO, non-PSP plans, On/Off Exchange will remain at $5.
- The copay for all PSP plans will increase from $40 to $45 until the deductible is met; after the deductible is met, the copay is $5.
- How-to Video on how to use the mobile app to talk to a doctor.
Member Coronavirus Resources
The latest COVID-19 updates, help with COVID-19 coverage, telehealth options, emotional health, and more.
Provides on-demand doctor house calls from 8 am to 8 pm, 7 days a week. Book a house call with a licensed, vetted doctor. In-network with CA PPO Select Plus and Core members. Only available in select cities, visit heal.com for more details.
- Telehealth visits through UnitedHealthcare’s preferred telehealth partners including Teledoc®, Doctor On Demand™, and AmWell®.
- Telehealth visits through the member’s local providers.
- UnitedHealthcare is waiving cost-sharing for:
– COVID-19 telehealth test-related visits and treatment.
– Until June 18, 2020 – 24/7 Virtual Visits with preferred telehealth providers Teladoc®, Doctor On Demand™, and AmWell®.
– Until June 18, 2020 – in-network, non-COVID-19 telehealth visits.
UnitedHealthcare’s free 24/7 emotional support line is available to anyone, not just members, to call any time at 866-342-6892. This Optum Help Line is staffed by professionally trained mental health experts. It is free of charge and open to anyone.
Sanvello, a free on-demand emotional support mobile app, is available to help members cope with stress, anxiety, and depression during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Contact your Claremont team at 800.696.4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your success is important to us, and we’re actively working on new solutions to support you throughout the year. To get the latest news via text messaging in the future, simply provide your cell phone number here.