MetLife Report: Supporting Employee Well-Being in Uncertain Times
MetLife Report: Supporting Employee Well-Being in Uncertain TimesMay 11, 2020
The COVID-19 pandemic has reshaped the world – transforming both work and life, and dramatically impacting employee well-being. For some organizations, a focus on attraction and retention has been replaced by a fight for survival. At the same time, employees who are still employed may have new priorities, concerns, and motivations. Despite these shifts, employers who understand their employees’ needs, and help them manage their personal and professional challenges, will have a more productive and successful workforce.
MetLife’s report, Navigating Together: Supporting Employee Well-Being in Uncertain Times, provides insights from their 18th annual U.S. Employee Benefit Trends Study 2020 to help brokers tailor their strategies based on the changing workplace and how employers can best respond to them.
Inside the Report, You’ll Learn How:
- The COVID-19 work-life challenges impact employees and the support and resources they need to manage this blend.
- Employers can drive productivity, engagement, and loyalty, mitigate employee challenges, and recover from the impact of the crisis.
- A holistic well-being approach that addresses mental, financial, social, and physical health will be critical for companies to help employees manage the crisis and support their organization’s recovery.
- A comprehensive approach to benefits and communications can be critical to a company and its employees throughout the pandemic and beyond.
- 2 in 3 employees are feeling more stressed than before the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Employer solutions that ease employee stress and improve their well-being result in more productive and successful employees.
- Employers who are providing benefits during the crisis are positively impacting employee well-being.
- A comprehensive benefits program (including voluntary benefits like disability and legal plans, telehealth, and financial wellness programs) is the driver of holistic well-being and plays a vital role in supporting employees.
- Health Savings Accounts (HSAs) can be another valuable way to support physical, mental, and financial health.
- Supporting employee well-being will be crucial for recovery and preparing for the “New Normal.”
Contact your Claremont team at 800.696.4543 or email@example.com.