Returning to Work – Broker and Employer Resources
Returning to Work – Broker and Employer ResourcesMay 26, 2020
As many California businesses are considering returning to their ‘new normal’ – work routines, creating a safe and productive workplace is a necessity. Some employers may already have a plan in place, which may need updating, while others will need assistance in building and managing their plan.
To help small businesses with their return-to-work plans and protect their employees, use the resources below to successfully help them manage compliance, HR, safety, benefits, and other issues.
Resources for Brokers and Employers
California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response
- Resilience Roadmap – The state government’s plan for reopening.
- County Variance – A list of counties that can reopen faster and the types of businesses that can reopen in these counties.
- County Public Health Departments – Counties may have additional criteria and guidance for reopening.
- Statewide Industry Guidance – State government reopening guidance for business, including industry-specific guidance:
– Agriculture and Livestock
– Auto Dealerships
– Child Care
– Communications Infrastructure
– Delivery Services
– Energy and Utilities
– Food Packing
– Hotels and Lodging
– Life Sciences
– Limited Services
– Logistics and Warehousing Facilities
– Mining and Logging
– Outdoor Museums
– Office Workspaces
– Public Transit and Intercity Passenger Rail
– Real Estate Transactions
Centers for Disease Control (CDC)
- Businesses and Workplaces: Plan, Prepare, and Respond
- Prepare Your Small Business and Employees for The Effects of COVID-19
- Interim Guidance for Businesses and Employers Responding to Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19), May 2020
- General Business Frequently Asked Questions
Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)
- COVID-19 Control & Prevention
- Guidance on Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19
- Guidance for Specific Worker Groups and Their Employees
– Emergency Response and Public Safety
– Postmortem Care
– Meat and Poultry Processing
– Airline Operations
– Retail Operations
– Border Protection and Transportation Security
– Correctional Facility Operations
– Solid Waste and Wastewater Management
– Environmental (i.e., Janitorial) Services
– In-Home Repair Services
– Business Travelers
– Travel to Areas Where The Virus is Spreading
Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
- What You Should Know About COVID-19 and the ADA, the Rehabilitation Act, and Other EEO Laws.
Helpful Q&A on topics such as taking employee temperatures, requiring employees to stay home when sick, employee confidentiality, and more.
Health Insurance Carriers
- Workplace Reentry Essentials. A checklist for returning to the workplace safely, effectively, and compliantly.
- COVID-19 Return to Work Playbook. Planning for the next normal at work.
- 5 Employer Considerations to Return to Worksite
- UnitedHealth Group and Microsoft Collaborate to Launch ProtectWell™ Protocol and App
California Chamber of Commerce
- Tips for Reopening Your Workplace
- COVID-19: What Employers Ask
The most common Coronavirus-related questions employers and human resources professionals are asking as they prepare to reopen their workplaces.
US Chamber of Commerce
- Coronavirus Small Business Guide
- A Guide to Reopening Your Business
- State-by-State Business Reopening Guidance
- Ready to Reopen: A Playbook for Your Small Business
- Sector-Specific Guidance
Small Business Majority
Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Coronavirus Resources – Includes checklists, forms, and Q&As.
- Revise Policies to Facilitate Return to Work
- COVID-19: Return to Work Considerations: Postings and Policies (2 Minute Video)
- We are reopening after business closure due to COVID-19. Can we bring some employees back, but not others?
- Can we screen employees returning to work for COVID-19?
Health & Safety
American Industrial Hygiene Association
- Back to Work Safely™ – Includes industry-specific guidance for businesses to safely reopen.
- Consultants Directory – For employers looking for advice on occupational health, industrial hygiene, and workplace safety.
- Post-Pandemic Back-to-Business FAQs for Employers, Fisher Phillips
- How to Reopen, Morgan Lewis
- Return to Business and Post-Pandemic Planning Checklist, Seyfarth Shaw
- Q&A Employer Guide: Return to Work in The Time of COVID-19, National Law Review
- Return-to-Workplace Guide for HR Leaders, Gartner
- Returning to The Workplace After COVID-19: What Boards Should Be Thinking About, PWC
- Which California counties are reopening?, Los Angeles Times
A very informative breakdown of the status of reopening businesses by county.
Contact your Claremont team at 800.696.4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your success is important to us, and we’re actively working on new solutions to support you throughout the year. To get the latest news via text messaging in the future, simply provide your cell phone number here.