UnitedHealthcare Specialty Benefits Premium Relief for Employers
UnitedHealthcare Specialty Benefits Premium Relief for EmployersJune 21, 2020
To support employers, members and providers during the COVID-19 pandemic, UnitedHealthcare Specialty Benefits is providing the following:
- Extension of COVID-19 renewal program. A rate pass is being offered for groups (2-499 employees) with renewal dates between May 1, and December 31, 2020, on specialty lines of coverage – dental, vision, life, disability, and supplemental health* plans. (A rate pass through September 30 had previously been announced.)
- Reduction in dental premium. A 50%, 1-month dental premium reduction in July that will be reflected on June invoices.
- Enhanced reimbursement rates for dental care providers. In-network dentists enrolled in electronic payments will receive increases between $5 and $10 for certain services related to routine exams, emergency services, and initial evaluations for children and adults. UnitedHealthcare dental contracted providers may be eligible to gain access to a portion of UnitedHealthcare dental’s $10 million COVID-19 relief package.**
- UHC dental. Provides access to at-home telephone and video consultations with their own dentist, another local dentist with availability or a primary care physician.
The resource is available at no member cost-sharing (i.e., waived deductible and copay) or extra cost for members enrolled in our fully insured employer-sponsored dental plans until July 24, 2020.
- UHC vision. In addition to the ability to conduct a telehealth visit with a network vision provider, members enrolled in UHC employer-sponsored vision plans now have network access to GlassesUSA.com, offering one of the largest online collections of eyewear, with free shipping and returns. Members continue to have in-store and on-line access to Warby Parker® products and services.
- UHC hearing. UHC hearing has always offered home delivery. UHC can deliver fully programmed hearing aids (RELATE Basic only) directly to a member’s home. In response to the challenges of fitting hearing aids during COVID-19, UHC hearing has entered into an arrangement with 1DOCWAY to use a fully compliant video conferencing platform for these appointments.
- Member tips. To help make the most of specialty benefits from home.
To learn more, download the UnitedHealth Group’s COVID-19 Response.
* Supplemental Health (critical illness, accident, hospital indemnity) available for groups of 51+ employees.
**Enhanced rates available until program funding is exhausted and may not be available in all states or for all dental plans.
Contact your Claremont team at 800.696.4543 or email@example.com.
Your success is important to us, and we’re actively working on new solutions to support you throughout the year. To get the latest news via text messaging in the future, simply provide your cell phone number here.