To access the carrier product and rate information provided by PRISM, check the box below indicating you have read and agree to the license agreement. A button will then appear to access PRISM.

This site uses cookies to track your agreement option. If the terms of the license agreement change or if you clear the cookies from your browser, this page will appear once again during the PRISM login process.

Covered California for Small Business –
New Blue Shield Plans

Starting July 1, Covered California for Small Business (CCSB) is offering new Blue Shield plans, providing more options for enrollees. These plans include the Access+ HMO Network with Platinum, Gold, and Silver metal tier options, as well as the Bronze Trio HMO 7000/70. The two most popular Blue Shield High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP), Silver Full PPO Savings 2300/25% and Bronze Full PPO Savings 7000 plans, are also now available.

All of these plans offer benefits such as Wellvolution, Teladoc Mental Health, Nurse Help 24/7, LifeReferrals 24/7, and the Blue Card program for when members are outside of California.

For assistance, please contact our Quotes team at or 800.696.4543.

Login To Prism

Agent Certification

If we do business out-of-state, will we have to be certified through that state as well?

Posted by


Other than the 8-training, is there any other training or online instruction that needs to be done before getting the certification?

Posted by

There is no other training or online instruction. However, in order to become certified, agents need to pass the certification exam by 80% or better, sign the Certified Insurance Agent Agreement, and pay the $60 appointment fee.

Will Covered California for Small Business carriers provide prior carrier deductible credit?

Posted by

Each carrier within Covered California for Small Business has its own policy. Refer to each carrier’s underwriting guidelines for more information.

Are there tax advantages to the employer for participating in Covered California for Small Business?

Posted by

The employer may be eligible for the small business health care tax credit, in addition to the tax advantages in offering any employer-sponsored health insurance to employees.

My client works for a company with a health plan and he is concerned about the cost of adding his unemployed wife and baby to his plan. Can his wife and baby enroll in the exchange while he stays with his employer plan?

Posted by

Yes, the wife and baby may enroll in Covered California. Eligibility for subsidies would depend if the employer plan is considered affordable, among other factors.

I have two licensed staff who are not Certified with Covered California. How much can they say and do? Should they get Certified?

Posted by

They can do all typical broker activities except the actual enrollment of either individuals or employer groups in Covered California.

After passing the exam and completing all the paperwork, how long until we get notice of Certification?

Posted by

Within 5-7 days of submitting the signed agent agreement and associated documentation (assumes correctly completed) and paying the endorsement fee, the next steps occur:

  1. Your status on will be updated to “Certified.” And you’ll receive an email confirming your status change.
  2. Your name and contact information is added to the Covered California website.
  3. Consumers and small businesses will be able to find your details by clicking “Find an Agent” on this page.
  4. You’ll be able to update and edit your Covered California public facing profile.
  5. Covered California will update the California Department of Insurance (CDI) website with your endorsement information. This fulfills a requirement by CDI and provides another place where consumers can verify that you’re certified.

More information on the Certification process can be found here.

Is there premium assistance for EE’s in Covered California for Small Business?

Posted by

No. Premium assistance is only available in the Covered California individual exchange.

Can you briefly outline the Certification requirements?

Posted by

In order to obtain certification with Covered California, insurance agents must:

  1. Have an active California Accident and Health Agent license in good standing
  2. Provide proof of Errors and Omissions (E & O) insurance in the amount specified in the Certified Insurance Agent Agreement
  3. Complete Certified Insurance Agent training offered by Covered California
  4. Pass the Certification Exam by 80% or better
  5. Sign the Certified Insurance Agent Agreement
  6. Pay the $60 appointment fee

See here for more information on agent Certification:

If Covered California for Small Business is not available in a county, would the small business lose the potential small business tax credit?

Posted by

Covered California for Small Business is available in all counties, though the plans may vary in the different counties.

In our library, you’ll find carrier forms, applications, enrollment kits, broker bonuses, marketing resources, and more (video tutorial). However, not all carrier forms are available online.

If you don’t find what you are looking for, contact our team for help at 800.696.4543 or