To access the carrier product and rate information provided by PRISM, check the box below indicating you have read and agree to the license agreement. A button will then appear to access PRISM.

This site uses cookies to track your agreement option. If the terms of the license agreement change or if you clear the cookies from your browser, this page will appear once again during the PRISM login process.

Covered California for Small Business –
New Blue Shield Plans

Starting July 1, Covered California for Small Business (CCSB) is offering new Blue Shield plans, providing more options for enrollees. These plans include the Access+ HMO Network with Platinum, Gold, and Silver metal tier options, as well as the Bronze Trio HMO 7000/70. The two most popular Blue Shield High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP), Silver Full PPO Savings 2300/25% and Bronze Full PPO Savings 7000 plans, are also now available.

All of these plans offer benefits such as Wellvolution, Teladoc Mental Health, Nurse Help 24/7, LifeReferrals 24/7, and the Blue Card program for when members are outside of California.

For assistance, please contact our Quotes team at or 800.696.4543.

Login To Prism

General Questions

General Questions

It is a challenge to manage your agency during a rapidly evolving market. In this section we provide answers that will help you grow and maintain your business. View additional FAQ topics.


Does my California resident life/health license allow me to write business in other states?

Yes, provided you obtain a non-resident license from that state. From time to time, you may have a client whose business is based outside California. Or perhaps you would like to start pursuing business in other states. In order to write business in another state you will need to obtain a non-resident license for that state for yourself, and if desired, for your agency.

Fortunately, California has reciprocity with many states. This means that, provided your California life/health license is current and in good standing, you do not need to take the license education class and pass the license test for each state. You just need to apply (and pay) for a non-resident license for yourself and your agency. You’ll need to secure a non-resident license for your agency if you intend to market your agency in that state or be paid through your agency for business written in that state.

To make this convenient, most states have signed on with the National Producer Insurance Registry (NIPR) which is an organization that facilitates cross-state licensing. NIPR’s web site allows you to apply for and renew non-resident licenses. We have developed this step-by-step guide to apply for your non-resident license. We hope you find it helpful.

There may be a more recent answer to this question. Contact Claremont for an update.
(View Full Answer)

If you have any questions that we haven't covered yet, we'd love to hear from you. Please click the button below and complete the form. A member of our team will be in touch.

Not finding what you're looking for? Ask a question.

Not finding what you're looking for?
Ask a question.

The answers provided are a best interpretation of the information available as of the date posted. The answers are for informational purposes and should not be construed as tax or legal advice.

In our library, you’ll find carrier forms, applications, enrollment kits, broker bonuses, marketing resources, and more (video tutorial). However, not all carrier forms are available online.

If you don’t find what you are looking for, contact our team for help at 800.696.4543 or