Small Business Coronavirus Impact Poll
Small Business Coronavirus Impact PollJune 8, 2020
According to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and MetLife poll released June 3, 2020, most small businesses are open in some capacity and are increasingly optimistic about the future, even while facing continued challenges from the Coronavirus pandemic.
- Nearly eight in ten small businesses (79%) are either fully (41%) or partially (38%) open.
- Two-thirds express concerns about potential closures amid a second wave.
- A growing number believe it will take six months or more for the economy to recover.
- Expectations around cash flow and future revenue are slightly better.
- 60% of small businesses expect to retain the same amount of staff.
- Small business owners are cautiously optimistic about reopening. But they remain concerned about the safety of their employees and customers.
- As small businesses adapt to the new environment, three in ten (30%) anticipate needing more guidelines on how to keep customers and employees safe and well.
NOTE: This Small Business Coronavirus Impact Poll was conducted in the field May 21 – 27, 2020, prior to the civil unrest now gripping cities across our country.
The Small Business Coronavirus Impact Poll is a special monthly Coronavirus report, separate from the quarterly MetLife & U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Index. To read the full report, visit uschamber.com/sbpoll.
For small business Coronavirus resources, visit uschamber.com/co. The latest resources, step-by-step guidance, and insights to help American businesses, workers, and families are available at uschamber.com/coronavirus.
Returning to the office is a daunting prospect for both employers and employees. To help your clients with their return-to-work plans and protect their employees, access our COVID-19 Broker Resources and answer their most commonly asked questions with our COVID-19 Reopening and Returning to Work FAQs.
Contact your Claremont team at 800.696.4543 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your success is important to us, and we’re actively working on new solutions to support you throughout the year. To get the latest news via text messaging in the future, simply provide your cell phone number here.