UnitedHealthcare Small Group Rate Actions and Bonus Programs
Prepare for Q2-2021 with these rates actions, broker bonus programs, updates, and reminders from UnitedHealthcare.
Q2-2021 Small Group Rate Actions
- Northern California
Quarterly Change: PPO +2.7% and HMO +2.3%
Annual Renewal: PPO +3.9% and HMO +3.0%
- Southern California
Quarterly Change: PPO +2.1% and HMO +2.3%
Annual Renewal: PPO +0.3% and HMO +1.8%
Broker Bonus Programs*
‘New’ Sales Bonus
- Eligible California agents will receive a $100 bonus for each member enrolled in medical coverage sold during the bonus period.
- Eligible groups are fully insured medical groups with up to 100 eligible employees in California that have an effective date from January 1, 2021 – December 31, 2021, and have at least 10 employees enrolled in UnitedHealthcare medical coverage.
- Groups must be a California situs to be eligible for the bonus.
- Eligible agents can earn an additional $100 bonus for each enrolled employee for groups that receive the ‘New’ Sales Bonus for 2021, and renew coverage in 2022.
- Another $100 bonus will be paid for each enrolled employee if the group renews coverage again in 2023.
- Bonus example:
- When an agent sells an eligible medical group with 60 enrolled employees, with an original effective date in 2021, the agent is eligible for a new sales bonus of $100 per enrolled employee, or $6,000 ($100 x 60 employees).
- When this group renews fully insured medical coverage in 2022 with 65 enrolled employees and is active on December 31, 2022, the agent will receive a 2022 renewal bonus of $6,500 ($100 x 65 employees).
- When the same group renews fully insured medical coverage in 2023 with 70 enrolled employees and is active on December 31, 2023, the agent will receive a 2023 renewal bonus of $7,000 ($100 x 70 employees).
- To learn more, download the flyer.
Current Small Business Broker Bonus
The current bonus program is in place and will be in addition to the bonus programs mentioned above for new groups written in 2021.
- Effective dates: March 1, 2020 through February 28, 2021.
- Eligible groups are fully insured medical groups, located in California, that have at least 10 enrolled eligible employees.
- The maximum bonus for eligible groups or a collection of affiliated groups is $50,000.
- Example of the payout amounts by group size and medical coverage:
- Download the flyer to learn more.
*Only agents permanently located in California are eligible for the bonus.
Choice Simplified Packages
- 3 packages that can be mixed and matched with all plans and networks.
- Employers can anchor with a base plan and allow employees to buy up to richer options or larger networks.
- To learn more, download the flyer.
Staff Model Guidelines
Only 5 California employees enrolled in UnitedHealthcare to offer alongside up to 2 Staff Model carriers, 60% overall participation required.
Does not require 51% to reside in a state.
Groups with 10+ employees can submit a participation certificate in lieu of a DE9C.
6 weeks in business and 2 weeks payroll prior to the effective date.
Discounts for bundling specialty coverage (dental, vision, life and/or short-term disability) with medical coverage.
- Monthly credit per enrolled medical employee per month.
- Dollar amount to be credited does vary by line of coverage.
- Additional details can be found on the Package Savings Flyer.
UnitedHealthcare is extending the 5% dental rate cap until July 2021 effective dates.
- Enhanced dental plans available:
– X Series: Implants, white composites, and up to 4 cleanings per year (no missing tooth clause).
– H Series: Preventative and diagnostic services do not count toward the annual maximum.
- Implants and ortho included in the CA DHMO plans.
- Retail network includes Lens Crafters, 1-800 Contacts, Warby Parker. and Glasses USA.
- Additional exam and materials benefits are available for diabetic, pregnant/nursing women and children under the age of 13.
Motion HSA Prepaid Debit Card
HSA members (employee or spouse) can choose to receive incentives via an HSA deposit or via a prepaid debit card during Motion registration. The debit card may be used for non-health care-related expenses.
- Prepaid card option is effective January 1, 2021.
- Employee and spouse can have their own HSA account or prepaid debit card.
- Existing members will receive a notification.
- Members can change their options throughout the plan year.
Motion and Apple Fitness+
Motion members with an Apple Watch® can now receive 5 months access to Apple Fitness+ at no additional cost from January 1, 2021 through June 30, 2021.
- April 1, 2021 rate guides have been posted to the UnitedHealthcare portal.
- Q2-2021 rates are live in PRISM.
- New business submission deadlines are the 10th of every month.
- April 1, 2021 renewals are available.
- COVID-19 Public Health Emergency has been extended to April 20, 2021.
UnitedHealthcare will cover medically appropriate COVID-19 testing during the national public health emergency period.
- Access the COVID-19 FAQs.
- Free COBRA, FSA and POP (2+ members)
- Virtual Visits
- Gym Membership
- Rally Wellness App
- Member Account Management App
Start quoting UnitedHealthcare today!
Contact your Claremont team at 800.696.4543 or email@example.com.
Get The Latest News with Text Messaging!
Your success is important to us, and we’re actively working on new solutions to support you throughout the year. To get the latest news via text messaging in the future, simply provide your cell phone number here.
Sign Up for Text Messaging